PMI Terms and Conditions
1. Student supervision: Parents (not your school) are responsible for the supervision of students participating in PMI lessons and rehearsals outside of school hours. This includes ensuring parents or guardians drop-off and collect students to/from the PMI lesson room on all occasions.
2. Automatic re-enrolment: From the time your child is first enrolled he/she is considered to be enrolled until a cancellation in writing is received (per our cancellation policy below). Re-enrolment is automatic from one term to the next, including from one year to the next.
3. Cancellation policy: If you wish your child to cease lessons, please ensure that a written cancellation notice is sent to our Parent Support team by email or post at least two weeks prior to the start of the next term to avoid incurring the next term's full fees. Please do not send letters or messages regarding your child's music tuition to your child's school or PMI teacher. All correspondence is to be sent to our Parent Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Lesson costs: The lesson cost varies depending on the program and lesson format selected (all lesson costs will be listed as you select your preferred instrumental music program and lesson format). Lesson prices are subject to change in the future (and you will be notified in advance if prices are changed).
Tax invoices will be emailed to you (and if no email is provided there will be a $2.20 charge for each tax invoice posted to you). The cost per term varies depending on the number of weeks in each term (e.g. a typical term is 10 weeks).
5. Textbooks: Students require the use of program prescribed textbooks. Initial textbooks will be automatically mailed to your postal address once your child is added to the timetable. The cost of the initial textbook is added to your first invoice. Keyboard and guitar textbooks cost $34.95 including both a textbook and PMI Stars workbook. Concert band textbooks cost $24.95. Drum kit and vocal textbooks cost $37.90. Additional textbooks may be required in future terms depending on individual student progress. Cost includes shipping and handling.
6. Missed lesson and make-up policy: Lessons missed due to non-attendance by students are not credited or refunded. Any lesson missed as a result of a school event or caused by PMI (e.g. PMI not conducting a lesson due to teacher illness) will have a make-up lesson provided in the same term and if this is not feasible then a lesson credit will be applied on your next term tax invoice.
7. Supplying of instruments: Students must bring their own instruments and textbooks to lessons/rehearsals every week. Exceptions: drum kit students are to bring their drum sticks (not drum kit); keyboards are supplied for keyboard lessons.
8. Key parent information: Please ensure you have read important information accessible if you click on "Key parent FAQs" - which is a sub-category in the menu within "Parent FAQs". We want all our students and parents to be prepared and enjoy the PMI program!
9. Private and paired lessons: If selecting a private lesson or paired lesson (max 2 students) and there is not immediately space available for your preferred lesson format, in the interim we will attempt to include your child in small group lessons. Please email us ASAP if this is not your preference.
10. Payment of fees:
(a) You agree to pay PMI the fees for the term lessons and textbooks provided in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
(b) PMI will issue a tax invoice to you for payment of fees each term by emailing the tax invoice to the email address nominated by you, or such other address that you notify to PMI in writing. Fees are due on the date shown on each tax invoice as the due date. Overdue accounts incur administration fees on each occasion and are subject to collection by legal means.
(c) Where your child is automatically re-enrolled into the next term (in accordance with PMI's automatic re-enrolment policy set out in these Terms and Conditions) PMI will charge you the term fees payable for the next term as stated on the tax invoice unless you provide at least two weeks cancellation notice prior to the start of the next term in accordance with PMI's cancellation policy set out in these Terms and Conditions.
(d) In relation to auto deducting payment from your debit or credit card, you also agree:
(i) PMI is not responsible for the collection, storage or processing of your credit or debit card details where a third party payment processor has collected such details;
(ii) at the time of issuing the tax invoice, to authorise PMI to deduct the amount of the tax invoice from your debit or credit card that you have provided (with the tax invoice typically issued monthly, for the upcoming month of lessons);
(iii) you may stop or defer a debit payment at any time by providing PMI with at least ten days notification by email to ;
(iv) where you have authorised PMI to deduct the amount of the tax invoice from your debit or credit card, it is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a payment to be made. If there are insufficient funds in your account to meet a payment you must arrange for the payment to be made by another method or arrange sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that PMI can process the payment; and
(v) you should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account you should notify PMI directly (email@example.com) as soon as possible so that PMI can resolve your query. Alternatively you can take it up directly with your financial institution.
11. Consent to photographs and videos: PMI will occasionally use photographs and videos of students in promotional material including school newsletters, our website, social media and brochures. By accepting these Enrolment Conditions, you consent to PMI taking photographs and videos of your child and publishing such images. If you do not want your child’s image being published please notify our Parent Support team by email, post or fax.
(a) disclosing information concerning the conduct of your account to a credit reporting agency and transferring personal information overseas to contractors engaged by PMI for the purpose of assisting with PMI’s program delivery;
(b) collecting your personal information for the purpose of establishing, maintaining, customising and administering the lessons;
(c) collecting your personal information for the purpose of communicating and marketing to you (for example, to inform you of PMI's available lesson spaces); and
(d) collecting your financial/payment information for the purpose of issuing tax invoices and processing and enforcing payments.
(a) To the extent permitted by law, you agree that in respect of any liability by you in relation to these Terms and Conditions or the provision of the lessons, any loss or damage suffered by you, including (without limitation) liability for any negligent act, omission or misrepresentation by PMI or any breach by PMI of any warranty under Australian Consumer Law or under any other law or implied by a court, shall be limited to: providing the lesson again; or payment of the cost of having the lesson provided again, whichever PMI in its absolute discretion elects. You agree to release PMI from all claims to the extent that PMI’s liability exceeds this amount.
(b) To the extent that any loss or damage suffered by you is due to an act, omission, negligence, fault or lack of care on your part or on the part of any person for whom you are responsible, PMI are not liable for the loss or damage.
(c) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, PMI will not be liable to you for any indirect, special, economic or other consequential loss, including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of profit howsoever arising and whether in action tort, in equity, under statute or on any other basis.
(d) PMI will not be liable for any losses, claims, expenses, actions, demands, damages, liabilities or any other proceedings arising out of reliance on any information you provide that is false, misleading or incomplete including as part of using the PMI parent portal (operated by My Music Staff).You agree to indemnify PMI from any liability PMI may have to you or any third party as a result of any information supplied to PMI by you or any of your agents, where such information and documentation is false, misleading or incomplete in a material respect.
(e) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
13. Governing law: The governing law of these Terms and Conditions shall be the laws of the State in which the student is enrolled.